What Is Pad Printing?
Pad printing, also known as tampography or tampo printing, is a printing process that uses a silicone pad to transfer a two-dimensional image from a laser-etched printing plate onto a three-dimensional object. This method allows for printing on objects with a variety of shapes and textures, including curved, hollow, cylindrical, spherical, and compound angles, which may not be possible with traditional printing processes.
Pad printing is a useful and effective way to print on a wide range of materials, including plastic, metal, and fabric, and is suitable for printing on a variety of promotional items such as pens, mugs, and t-shirts.
What Is A Pad?
The pad printing pad is a crucial component in the pad printing process, transferring ink from the etched plate onto the object being printed. It is made of silicone and can be customized in terms of size, shape, and hardness to suit different printing needs and materials.
During the printing process, the pad compresses onto the ink-filled etch to pick up the image, and then slides over the object and compresses again to apply the image. This allows for precise placement of the ink, even on irregular or curved surfaces.
SAFETY GLASSES WITH A CUSTOM TWIST
Elevate your safety eyewear with pad printing - a printing method that can flawlessly apply your designs to even the most challenging frames. Trust us, the quality of the print is just as important as the quality of the fixture used.
Hard Hat Imprinting
Hard hats may not be a regular household item, but for those who rely on them for safety, they are a vital investment. With the added option of hard hat printing, individuals can add a personal touch to this specialized piece of equipment. So, while hard hats may not appeal to everyone, for those who need them, they are more than just a simple purchase - they are a necessity.
Hard hats are designed to keep us safe, but just like any other piece of equipment, they have a shelf life. The general rule is to replace your hard hat every five years, but if you work in a harsh environment with high levels of sun, heat, or chemical exposure, it's important to swap it out even sooner. And if your hard hat has taken any knocks or damages, it's crucial to get a new one right away.
When it comes to customizing your hard hat, pad printing is the way to go. Not only can we accommodate any design with our selection of various sized and shaped pads, but our silicone pads ensure that your graphics come out crisp and clear every time. So if you're looking to add some personality to your protective head gear, give hard hat printing a try - your dome will thank you.
HAVE A DECORATION RELATED QUESTION?
WHY DECORATE WITH WASIP?
- Please submit all electronic artwork to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of placing an order.
- Acceptable formats are PC format: Vector EPS/AI/PDF. All text must be converted to curves/outlines. Multi-colour art must be supplied as a composite with colour breaks. Please compress large files (over 2 MB). Unless specified otherwise, decoration will be within the maximum imprint size provided on the artwork approval form.
- 4C Transfers should be the standard geometric shapes.
- 4C Custom Inserts require images with 300 dpi or higher resolution. Art alterations will be charged a minimum of $50.00 or $50.00/hr. Clean-up, touch-ups, typesetting and resizing are free.
- By submitting artwork, the customer represents that the use or display of artwork will not violate any applicable laws or client restrictions.
- MS Colour Match will be close as possible with no additional charge. Due to equipment, processing, inks, pigments, etc., a reasonable variation in colour between proofs and final printed product may vary slightly.